In our first miniature TTFT (Tasty Teaching Food For Thought) episode, Jenna discusses the concept of Movement Affinities and how they can help you better approach your client's sessions. We'll discuss the concept and you'll receive a simple assignment to put into your client practice right away.
Last week's episode with Ashlen Hilliard brought about lots of response fro our community as well as many feels from JZ. In this episode, we discuss the origins of resentment, how they relate to burnout and how to set boundaries that help. Also we breathe a lot with trains....because abusive power dynamics?
Listen to Episode 12 for context and be sure to connect with JZ @ firstname.lastname@example.org
How to connect with Cult Interventionist, Ashlen Hilliard:
Email address: email@example.com
The title for this presentation, “MIND FIXERS: The History of Mass Therapy With its Roots in Mind Dynamics Institute, Misuse of Zen Insights, and Hyping the Positive Thinking of New Thought Religion,” covers a vast arena for specialized workshops that range from one day to several weeks. Borrowing techniques from encounter group formats, military boot camp training, and the mindfulness movements, these specialized groups operate as unregulated mass therapy businesses and are not licensed as mental health professions. The stated purpose of these “large group awareness training” is to increase self-realization and success in life. The outcomes, however, are problematic with some critics claiming that a form of “brainwashing” is taking place that emphasizes promotion of the workshops while any real-life gains are highly questionable. Some participants report psychological and social harm. The speakers will guide a discussion to address the criticisms.
- Aspects of Cult Recovery
- Biderman’s Chart of Coercion
- Checklist of Cult Characteristics
- Clinical Update on Cults
- Coming Out of the Cults
- Coping with Triggers
- Cult Deception, Dependency, and Dread
- Cult Formation
- Dysfunctional Churches (Cultic)
- Essay: Coping With Trance States
- Evaluating Your Cult Involvement
- Group (Cult, Religion) Psychological Abuse Scale
- How to Find Information on a Cult or Group
- Influence (cult)
- On Using the Term “Cult”
- Post-Cult After Effects
- Reflections on Post Cult Recovery
- Robert Jay Lifton Criteria for Thought Reform
- Singer’s Six Conditions of Mind Control
- Strong Indications that our Relationship with a Spiritual Teacher is unhealthy
- The Manipulation of Spiritual Experience: Unethical Hypnosis in Destructive Cults
- The Relational System of the Traumatizing Narcissist
- Trauma and Recovery (cult, brainwashing)
- Types of Cults
- What is a cult?
- What messages are behind today’s cults?